[X4U] Upgrade to 10.4 results in crashes

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Mon Apr 23 17:36:39 PDT 2007

On 4/23/07 6:32 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Considering how rock solid the system has been
> on 10.3.9, I'll be really ticked off if 10.4.x is so picky that it requires
> me to replace RAM.

My good friend has a TiBook 500 that was fine up through 10.3.9. As soon as
we put 10.4 on it, it stopped waking from sleep. We spent days
troubleshooting, with no joy, including complete reformatting and fresh
installs rather than upgrades. Nothing software-related worked, but removing
the 3rd-party RAM (SimpleTech) fixed the issue. She purchased and installed
a different stick from OWC, and all is now well, again.