[X4U] Upgrade to 10.4 results in crashes

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Apr 23 18:00:31 PDT 2007

> On 4/23/07 6:32 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
> > Considering how rock solid the system has been
> > on 10.3.9, I'll be really ticked off if 10.4.x is so picky that it requires
> > me to replace RAM.
>
> My good friend has a TiBook 500 that was fine up through 10.3.9. As soon as
> we put 10.4 on it, it stopped waking from sleep. We spent days
> troubleshooting, with no joy, including complete reformatting and fresh
> installs rather than upgrades. Nothing software-related worked, but removing
> the 3rd-party RAM (SimpleTech) fixed the issue. She purchased and installed
> a different stick from OWC, and all is now well, again.

Oh, great, considering if I am having issues with my RAM, it's probably a
matched PC3200 2GB Kingston kit that is causing problems (not G5 certified),
I'm looking at an expensive replacement.  I was just getting ready to buy
another 2GB as well (I almost bought it last Friday).  Looks like 2GB G5
PC3200 Kingston is still ~$250.  Ouch.  (I say that remembering paying $600
for 16Mb for my PowerBook 520c.)

Zane