[X4U] USB 2.0 vs Firewire?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 28 13:04:46 PDT 2007

On 28 Apr 2007, at 20:03, Robert A. (Bob) Hall wrote:

> Will someone tell me  why I should use FireWire for an external
> Backup drive instead of USB 2.0.

Firewire is about twice as fast. Only your usage will determine
whether this is of value to you.

If you search the archives you'll find a post in which I gave some
figures demonstrating the difference. It's sufficient that I don't
care which I use when copying a few small files (or maybe up to a CD
image in size), but more than a gig I prefer to use firewire lest I
sit around waiting on the job.

Stroller.