[X4U] USB 2.0 vs Firewire?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Apr 28 17:58:00 PDT 2007

> In my experience FW400 is significantly faster than USB2. I always
> buy FW if I can.
> I also think it is a mistake that Apple went USB2 with iPods and did
> not stay with FW. The updating now takes nearly twice as long as it
> did under FW.
>
> Steve

I know I'd much rather have a Firewire iPod than my USB 2.0 one, however,
I'll also admit that switching to USB was the right thing to do.  While All
Mac's have had Firewire for years, many PC's don't.  However, all PC's made
in the last few years, do have USB 2.0.  Shoot, even my current Sun and Alpha
workstations have USB.

		Zane