[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Aug 3 03:28:36 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 1:40 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

> You're missing my point.  Every other major software manufacturer
> has come out with a Universal Binary version.  I have the Entire
> Adobe Suite.  Except for Office, I only have Universal Binary
> version of present day software.  Microsoft is going to come in
> "too little, too late".  I'm certain that I'm not the only person
> who feels this way.  We've moved on and Microsoft hasn't.  They may
> turn out to be just an asterisk in Apple History.

I use Word all day, just about every day.  I don't have a single
complaint about its performance.  Given that, who cares whether it is
a dual binary or not?

I'm not worried about how well Microsoft will do in the marketplace.
I'm sure that they will do just fine.

I'm also not concerned about making my Mac "pure" with only dual
binary applications, just so that I can say that it is.  I only care
about how well my software performs, so that I can get my work done.
Word running in Rosetta runs very nicely for me.

When someone offers a word processor for the Macintosh that is as
full-featured as Word, and folks switch to it in droves (thus making
its file format a de facto standard), I'll happily switch to it.  (As
I did to WordPerfect/Mac when it was available.)  Until then, Word is
the only truly high-end word processor available for the Macintosh.
And, as a professional, I'm going to be using the best tools
available.  For now, that's Word.  I don't see any alternatives on
the horizon.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html