[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Aug 3 08:47:58 PDT 2007

At 3:28 AM -0700 8/3/07, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>When someone offers a word processor for the Macintosh that is as
>full-featured as Word, and folks switch to it in droves (thus making
>its file format a de facto standard), I'll happily switch to it.
>(As I did to WordPerfect/Mac when it was available.)  Until then,
>Word is the only truly high-end word processor available for the
>Macintosh.
>And, as a professional, I'm going to be using the best tools
>available.  For now, that's Word.  I don't see any alternatives on
>the horizon.

Even as a rabid Microsoft hater, I have to totally agree with this.
I might hate MS and I even hate MS Word to a certain extent, however,
I've yet to find anything remotely as good.

BTW, I thought WordPerfect/Mac V1 was great when I used it at work
years ago, when I switched from the PC and bought my first Mac (I'd
previously used WP/DOS 4.2 - 5.2), I bought what was to be the last
version of WordPerfect/Mac (V3.5 I believe), I thought it was
horrible.  MS Office 6 was the 4th and final Word Processor I
*bought* that year ('95), and I've stuck with Word since then.  In
fact I just finished buying a second copy of Office 2004, for my
wife's MacBook.  Before buying a second copy I looked at a couple
alternatives, including Pages and decided Word was still the way to
go.

		Zane