[X4U] Word and Nisus

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 3 11:31:59 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Art Amolsch wrote:

> If we really need a high-end WP, we switch to Nisus Writer.
> It's really handy for opening Word docs that other people send
> us without going through an intermediate step like MacLinkPlus.
> Open in Nisus Writer, select all, paste into Tex-Edit and get
> back to work.

I'm pleased to see someone mention NisusWriter, which has been my
word processor of choice for a dozen years. (I haven't looked at Word
for several years now, and when I get a .doc I just open it in NW.
Almost never do I run into a problem doing that.)

The newly released NisusWriter Pro offers added capabilities, greater
speed, and excellent stability. Since I'm not a writing or publishing
professional, I thought maybe I was missing something obvious that
kept NWP out of the conversation. But now that you mention it, Art. . .

Perhaps for some of us who are weary of struggling with Word (and I
do understand that not everyone fits this description) it would be
worth spending some attentive time with NWP.

My two cents, etc.

Ray