[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Art Amolsch aamolsch at shentel.net
Fri Aug 3 10:05:41 PDT 2007

Odd. I'm a professional newsletter publisher, have been for 31 years.
Started using Macs when the Mac Plus came out -- one whole meg
of RAM! For many years, we've been preparing everything from
news copy to invoices using the $15.00 word processor Tex-Edit.
Works great, updated from time to time for free (Although every
couple of years we send the developer another $15.00; it's $15.00
for goodness sake).

It will save text in more than a dozen formats, including MS Word.
It has every feature we need, plus some. Final text copy goes into
InDesign (Pagemaker was fine, but after Aldus sold it to Adobe,
Adobe abandoned it for OS X).

If we really need a high-end WP, we switch to Nisus Writer.
It's really handy for opening Word docs that other people send
us without going through an intermediate step like MacLinkPlus.
Open in Nisus Writer, select all, paste into Tex-Edit and get
back to work.

I've never understood why some people need Word. But maybe
that's just me, and I'm really missing something.

MacBook Pro, 1Gb RAM, 10.4.10