[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Tim Collier tim_collier at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 4 03:15:07 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 10:34 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> On Aug 3, 2007, at 6:16 PM, Judi Sohn wrote:
>
>> I don't have a problem with Word 2004, except it *is* painfully
>> slow on an Intel Mac when launching.
>
>>> Fellow OS X web workers, have you given up on Word…or are you
>>> like me, and feel you have no choice but to roll with the punches
>>> for a few more months?
>

> That's sort of like asking "Do you still beat your wife?"
> What if the answer to your non-question is:  "I use Word all the
> time and find it to be a really good program and have no complaints?"
> (Indeed, when the new version of Word is released, its likely that
> I will stand pat with the old version ....bout Microsoft's products.
> Which is fine, I guess.  It's just hard to take such folks
> seriously, because the natural question that comes to mind is "are
> you trying to get work done, or are you just interested in being
> churlish?"

Strangely enough, I do have some experience with Office 2007 (PC
version), I installed Vista and bought Office along with it for use
on the Mac Pro.  They've changed EVERYTHING and I might add NOT for
the better.  After a couple of Word documents and then trying to put
together an Access Database, I threw up my hands in disgust....now
how many manuals am I going to have to read before I get some inkling
as to how to use this new "crap"?  From what I've read, the Mac
Version for 2008 is going to be along the same line...no thank you
very much.  Yesterday, I bought Mariner Write and Mariner Calc.  They
handle .xls and .doc documents just fine and you can save them in
that format.  I've now removed Word and Excel and am happily
Microsoft free.
Just my experience here, there are alternatives to Office (that also
won't cost you an arm and a leg.  Be open minded and remember to
"think different".
Oh and this email is written using Apple Mail, not Entourage.
--
Tim Collier
MacBook Pro 2.33 gig