[X4U] DVD copying

Neil lists at mac.com
Sat Aug 4 13:27:55 PDT 2007

OK, nobody here has mentioned MacTheRipper.  You mentioned having it,
so why don't you just use that?  It works on copy protected content.
It preserves the DVD structure with menus and the original picture
quality.  It uses very little CPU power and it's fast.  The files it
produces are larger than the MP4 files made by HandBrake, but you
have a slow CPU with a big hard drive, so it sounds like a good trade-
off for you.

Many people who like HandBrake for creating MP4 files, start by
ripping in MacTheRipper to reduce the wear and tear on the DVD drive.

Have you compared the 2-pass encoding to one-pass for videos?  I have
heard people say that they can't see the difference in quality..

Enjoy your movies.