[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Sat Aug 4 15:50:28 PDT 2007

On Aug 4, 2007, at 6:15 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> On Aug 4, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Judi Sohn wrote:
>
>> Word is slow on Intel Macs mostly because it's running in
>> emulation. Period.
>
> Nope.  Word runs fine when sorted out.  Period.
>
> (I'm the head of a user group with well over 6,000 Mac-using
> attorneys.  The overwhelming majority of them use Word, because it
> is really their only suitable choice.  Just about all of them find
> Word's performance completely acceptable.  I am receiving zero
> reports of speed issues with Word from them.  Of course, many of
> them would prefer to be using an updated version of WP/Mac, but
> that's not the point.)
>
> Word ran slow on a PowerPC when it needed to be sorted out also.
Mr. Singer:
While I'm certain that you are a very wise man (in your own way),
being a Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)
and all.  Also your sig file would only allow us to assume that you
are also an attorney, you do NOT speak for all Mac users.
We will do what we wish to do.  You can lecture us until your fingers
being to bleed on your keyboard, but you aren't going to change
anybody's mind.  So, why don't you just give up?
Accept that everybody is an individual and that the right choice in
software is the one that THAT person makes for his or herself.  While
we all appreciate your input, you input is beginning to fall on deaf
ears and your beginning to sound like a fool.
Have a nice day.
--
Tim Collier
Mac Pro 2.66