[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Aug 4 15:15:54 PDT 2007

On Aug 4, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Judi Sohn wrote:

> Word is slow on Intel Macs mostly because it's running in
> emulation. Period.

Nope.  Word runs fine when sorted out.  Period.

(I'm the head of a user group with well over 6,000 Mac-using
attorneys.  The overwhelming majority of them use Word, because it is
really their only suitable choice.  Just about all of them find
Word's performance completely acceptable.  I am receiving zero
reports of speed issues with Word from them.  Of course, many of them
would prefer to be using an updated version of WP/Mac, but that's not
the point.)

Word ran slow on a PowerPC when it needed to be sorted out also.

> 99.9% of users aren't going to read your tips and jump through
> hoops to get acceptable performance.

Then how smart are they?

Hey, if you would rather bitch, whine and moan, instead of fixing
things (which is not at all hard), and getting your work done, once
again, that's fine.
But what  does that say about you, and how do you think that it looks
to others?

Meanwhile I'm sitting here with a copy of Microsoft Word that zips.
Running in emulation.  Period.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html