[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 05:17:13 PDT 2007

On Aug 3, 2007, at 10:34 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> That's sort of like asking "Do you still beat your wife?"
> What if the answer to your non-question is:  "I use Word all the
> time and find it to be a really good program and have no complaints?"

Oh Randy, please, give me a break. Lighten up. Why are you taking
this as some personal insult?  I said in my post that I don't mind
Word 2004. I certainly prefer it to Word 2003 which is what all my
colleagues use. Word is slow on Intel Macs mostly because it's
running in emulation. Period. Hack and tweak it all you want. It's
not going to change it into a universal binary.

99.9% of users aren't going to read your tips and jump through hoops
to get acceptable performance. They expect it out of the box. And as
I said in my post, for many (who keep their applications up to date),
the Office applications are among the last bit of non-native code
they have to deal with...and it shows.