[X4U] MS Office 2008 delayed

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Aug 5 12:41:58 PDT 2007

On Aug 5, 2007, at 11:15 AM, Judi Sohn wrote:

> No. Randy got called out personally after he took the first swings.
> He didn't just offer to help clear up their Word problems, he
> personally insulted those that weren't interested in hacking Word
> for better performance. If you have to read a website with tips &
> tricks to make an application work in an acceptable manner, then
> the problem is with the application, not the user. He responded to
> application criticism with personal criticism, as if he were
> personally offended that his favorite word processor wasn't the
> same as everyone else's. That's where I had a problem.

If you read the posts, you will find that not all Word users are
having problems with Word's launch speed, or overall speed.  Only a
very few.  As with any program that folks have problems with (and
Word isn't, by far, the only one), there are known ways to fix those
problems...and then the problems are gone.

I offered to help with this.  It's easy to fix.

You literally said that you (and all other Mac users!) would rather
complain about Word than fix it.  I don't think that's true about all
Mac users.  And, I wonder about anyone who would rather complain
instead of get their work done...

Folks here responded by saying that I'm trying to tell all Mac users
to use Microsoft products, and that I'm trying to speak for all Mac
users.  That isn't at all the case.  In fact, I don't think that
anyone who does not need a high-end word processor should be using
Word at all.  And if someone does use Word, they should get some
training to learn how to use it, rather than have to fight with it
and complain about it.  Training is easy to find, and inexpensive.  I
gave a suggestion on where to get that too.

I  think that some folks are blind with Microsoft bigotry, and too
caught up being mindless Apple fan-boys.  Personally I like to get my
work done, and I'm happy to help those who want to do the same.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html