[X4U] MacBook Pro decision

TjL luomat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 11:41:52 PDT 2007

On Aug 4, 2007, at 3:15 AM, Jens Selvig wrote:

> Any thoughts or experiences will be greatly appreciated.

I moved from a Powerbook to a MacBook.

Really the only thing I miss is the PC-Card (now ExpressCard) slot
which I liked for reading SD/CompactFlash cards and which also gave
expandability in terms of things like wireless broadband cards
(although some of those now come in USB stick versions).

I couldn't justify the cost premium for the MacBook Pro.

Also, the MacBook hard drive can be replaced by a user.  I'm not sure
if the MacBook Pro one can.  I replaced the stock 60gb one with a
160gb one, and currently have less than 4gb free (I know I know, I
need to free up some more space).

I run my MacBook connected to a 1600x1200 external monitor for most
of the day, and the video performance is just fine.  I'm sure the MBP
video card is much better, but this suffices.

I did max out the RAM to 2GB ASAP.

fwiw

TjL