[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 36, Issue 13

Kenneth T. Bruseth kbruseth at wi.rr.com
Mon Aug 6 18:35:48 PDT 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 4:58 PM, x4u-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Shawn King wrote:
>

>> Randy, why aren't you taking you own advice?
>>

> At least I occasionally have something intelligent to add to a
> discussion, Shawn.  Unlike yourself.

Good point. In this whole last digest I just read, from beginning to
end, the posts from Shawn King have only berated and belittled Randy,
nothing else (I'm guessing you don't care for Randy, huh Shawn?).
Basically he (Shawn) came out swinging. At least in most of Randy's
posts during this flame war, he has included information on the topic
of Microsoft Office/Word. Some of this information I have found to be
interesting and valuable. This whole thing seemed to be nearing the
end, and then came along another party to stir up the coals. It's
like he came along to enjoy the view of a car wreck. No contribution
whatsoever, just some heavy-handed slams. Couldn't people, in all
their bitterness, at least pretend to be on topic/try to help others?
Try to fake it if need be - like this —>
Word really starts up slow. It takes so long that I hesitate to start
it, and once started, I abstain from quitting it just in case I need
it again. Is there anything that I can do to increase the startup
speed of this lumbering giant?
There, now I've cma for when someone comes along and says that I'm
doing the same thing - stirring the coals rather than addressing the
topic ;-)
Have fun all.

Kenneth T. Bruseth

17" gooseneck iMac 1.5 GHz. 80 GB ATA Hardrive (Internal), 1.0 GB
Ram.  Internal ATA Atapi Pioneer CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive "SuperDrive".
Iomega Zip 250 External Firewire Drive, VST USB External Floppy
Drive. NVDA, GeForce4MX Video Card with 64 MB memory. Asante 5 port
USB Hub. Harman/Kardon USB iSub. Canon S900 USB Printer. Kensington
USB/PS2 Trackball.. Griffin Powermate. iSight. Tiger (v.10.4.10).