[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 36, Issue 13

Ray Choiniere rfcee at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 6 19:01:04 PDT 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 6:35 PM, Kenneth T. Bruseth wrote:

>> Shawn King wrote:
>>
>> At least I occasionally have something intelligent to add to a
>> discussion, Shawn.  Unlike yourself.
>
> Good point. In this whole last digest I just read, from beginning
> to end, the posts from Shawn King have only berated and belittled
> Randy, nothing else (I'm guessing you don't care for Randy, huh
> Shawn?). Basically he (Shawn) came out swinging. At least in most
> of Randy's posts during this flame war, he has included information
> on the topic of Microsoft Office/Word. Some of this information I
> have found to be interesting and valuable. This whole thing seemed
> to be nearing the end, and then came along another party to stir up
> the coals. It's like he came along to enjoy the view of a car
> wreck. No contribution whatsoever, just some heavy-handed slams.
> Couldn't people, in all their bitterness, at least pretend to be on
> topic/try to help others? Try to fake it if need be - like this —>
> Word really starts up slow. It takes so long that I hesitate to
> start it, and once started, I abstain from quitting it just in case
> I need it again. Is there anything that I can do to increase the
> startup speed of this lumbering giant?
> There, now I've cma for when someone comes along and says that I'm
> doing the same thing - stirring the coals rather than addressing
> the topic ;-)
> Have fun all.
>
> Kenneth T. Bruseth
>
> °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hi Kenneth;

In my opinion, an excellent response. I've been watching this whole
thing go by, getting sillier and sillier, nastier and nastier.

I recognize that it can be very, very hard to keep one's (electronic)
mouth shut in the presence of incivility, or even perceived
incivility. But still, it's worth doing if one possibly can.

For what it's worth, I encourage everyone to get on with the business
of the list. Forget the matter of who is winning or losing, who
scored the most, best, or most valid points, even forget whether the
rest of us will think you won or lost, all that stuff.

Anybody want to talk computers?

Ray