[X4U] New Keyboards (was: iLife '08 and iWork '08)

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Thu Aug 9 13:36:47 PDT 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:48 AM, Carroll Glass wrote:

> That'll work -  I'm going new school and staying old school with
> the Matias Tactile 2.0.

I loved my IBM Model M and used it in modern PCs until I switched to
the Mac with Panther.

I've read excellent reviews about that Matias Tactile model priced
$99 (perhaps the previous one to 2.0). But I founded a bad review
here for the 2.0 Pro:

   http://lowendmac.com/misc/07/0618.html#4

In particular I am worried by the fact that "the keys were a new
design and not the Alps keys". I am not familiar with keyboards
jargon but looks like those "Alps keys" were the key to the great
mechanical feeling in the previous model. There's no reseller in my
country so I have no way to test one before I buy it.

What do you think?

-- fxn