[X4U] New Keyboards (was: iLife '08 and iWork '08)

Carroll Glass cdomig at earthwave.net
Thu Aug 9 15:10:39 PDT 2007

Thanks for asking. The ALPS switch is no longer in production and the
2.0 uses the Matias Mechanical Key Switch which is totally based on
the ALPS switch. I am only interested in this keyboard for typing and
do not need the USB dock, I have hubs for that. It only needs to
provide good feedback to my fingers when I just want to type in my
private office.
That is why I still prefer my WallStreet to my other Apple notebooks.
The new ones are irreplaceable for function and it has remained
irreplaceable for tactile feel.
It's up to the individual, it remains what you like and Apple has
allowed coexistence.