[X4U] Ejecting that second DVD drive

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Aug 11 06:24:40 PDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 5:04 PM, Doug LaBore wrote:

>  >> So I purchased a second optical DVD drive for my Intel Mac ñ all
>>>  works great, however I havenít found a way to open the second drive
>  >> when itís empty.
>  >> The keyboard eject button only affects the first drive and
>>>  combining it with the option key , command key, or control keys
>  >> doesnít eject the second drive door.
>  >> Anyone know a convenient way to pop open the second drive?

I once put a second optical drive into a MacPro
and found when I activated the Eject menu, it
showed both optical drives and I could choose
which one to open or close.

To activate the menu, go to Hard
Drive/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/
and double click "Eject.menu". A new icon will
appear on the right end of your menu bar.

If you have already done that, then John
Baltutis's solution might work as well.

Daly