[X4U] iLife 08

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 19:53:35 PDT 2007

On 08/17/07, Robert <rashton at telus.net> wrote:

> All though I had good impressions if the new iMovie I have now
> changed my mind. Till Apple fixes it I'm going to stay with iMovie HD.
> 1) The video when brought into the new iMovie compared with the
> previous version is like night and day. Imovie HD the video is far
> better.
> 2) I miss not having complete control over the audio.
> 3) I have a HD camera with a hard drive and I have to save the files
> onto my macs hard drive, bring them into quicktime, save them as a DV
> file which I can use in imovie. I miss not being able to bring it
> directly into imovie. Mind you I have to do the same with imovie hd too.

Just in case you missed it, Apple has this offer:

"iMovie HD 6, previously distributed with iLife 06, is available for download
for those who have purchased and installed iLife 08. at:
<http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html>."

So, while iMovie 08 might have less capability than iMovie 06, both are
available for the price of iLife 08 and since iLife's less than $80 US, that
puts iMovie's cost at less than $15 (less than a movie w/popcorn. BTW, Apple's
take on the new iMovie is that it's designed to make simple movies and get more
normal users to bite. Including the offer for iMovie 06, lets power users do
both.