[X4U] iLife 08

Tim Collier tim_collier at bellsouth.net
Sat Aug 18 03:03:59 PDT 2007

On Aug 17, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Robert wrote:

> All though I had good impressions if the new iMovie I have now
> changed my mind. Till Apple fixes it I'm going to stay with iMovie HD.
> 1) The video when brought into the new iMovie compared with the
> previous version is like night and day. Imovie HD the video is far
> better.
> 2) I miss not having complete control over the audio.
> 3) I have a HD camera with a hard drive and I have to save the
> files onto my macs hard drive, bring them into quicktime, save them
> as a DV file which I can use in imovie. I miss not being able to
> bring it directly into imovie. Mind you I have to do the same with
> imovie hd too.
>
> Bob

Purchasing iLife 08, I realized a few things.  I LOVE the new iPhoto,
could care less about iWeb, I use Dreamweaver CS3, I haven't opened
iDVD but I guess it's better?  I actually sort of, kind of like the
new iMovie but after trying it, I was finally convinced that it was
time to purchase Final Cut Express 3.5.  I really like Final Cut
Express...I would have liked to have purchased Final Cut but it's a
matter $1,000.00 vs $300.00.  So my suggestion, save pennies and get
Final Cut Express, you'll be very pleased.
Also, I purchased iWork 08 and I really like it.  Pages it vastly
improved, KeyNote is better than ever and the new spreadsheet app is
on par with Excel.
Oh, I forgot to mention GarageBand, I've never liked it, ever since
it was introduced.  We used to use a program called Acid something or
other but they've never released a Mac version.  We continue to look
for something similar but still haven't found it.  We were actually
hopeful regarding Garageband, but it is sadly lacking the features
that Acid had.

--
Tim Collier
MacBook Pro 2.33 gig