[X4U] Printing Greeting cards from iPhoto 08

Lynch Andrew atlynch at mac.com
Thu Aug 23 11:39:15 PDT 2007

Thanks again Winston.

There is no paper size selection in the print menu if you are
printing from the greeting card screen.  You can access paper size
under the advanced section, but it still does not work properly.

There is no greeting card system if you print a photo directly from
the library.  This is where it was in the last version of iPhoto.

This is what I am doing to try to print greeting cards from iPhoto 7
(aka iPhoto '08)

1) Select a photo  (my photos are 3072x2048 from a Canon EOS 10D,
jpeg mode)
2) Click on "Card" near the bottom center of iPhoto
3) Select "Greeting Card" in the selector
3) Click on "Picture Card"
4) Click "Choose"
The Greeting card design screen appears
5) Select File->Print
The print dialog appears.  Note that there is no paper size selector
here.  Do you have a paper size selection here?
6) Click on Advanced
7) Select "Paper Handling"
8) Click on "Scale to fit Paper Size"
9) Choose Paper Size "US Letter (borderless)"
9) Unselect "Scale Down Only"
10) Click "Print"
The resulting print is close, but is not borderless, and the border
on the left is about twice as big as the border on the right.