[X4U] VNC solution from my Home Mac to mum's?

..lj darwin at ljsworld.com
Thu Aug 23 21:01:40 PDT 2007

On Aug 23, 2007, at 18:44, Brett Conlon wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could someone kindly explain the process for me to set up remote-
> control assisting of mum's Mac from my home Mac?
>
> My Mac wirelessly connects to my Airport Extreme which is connected
> to a cable modem. She's using wifi to her ADSL modem.
>
> I have Remote Desktop so I'm thinking I could use that and have her
> activate Sharing's Apple Remote Desktop option and tick the VNC
> setting.
>
> What is required for me to get through to her Mac's IP address?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cojcolds

I use Chicken of the Sea in listening mode and Schnitz Remote Lite on
my Mums machine.  This way she doesn't need to know her IP or how to
get through a router. All the set up is basically on my end. All she
has to run is a Apple script and an application I emailed her.
(Schnitz Remote Lite is OSXVNC server in a wrapper).

..lj