[X4U] VNC solution from my Home Mac to mum's?

Kabookie kabookie2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:14:32 PDT 2007

On Aug 24, 2007, at 12:01 AM, ..lj wrote:

> I use Chicken of the Sea in listening mode and Schnitz Remote Lite
> on my Mums machine.  This way she doesn't need to know her IP or
> how to get through a router. All the set up is basically on my end.
> All she has to run is a Apple script and an application I emailed
> her.  (Schnitz Remote Lite is OSXVNC server in a wrapper).
>
> ..lj

Thanks for that post LJ. I was not familiar w/ Schnitz, and that will
help me tremendously w/ my Mac-using family and friends. I think this
is still on topic since I want to administer a Windows box from my
Mac via VNC - is there anything like Schnitz for Windows? That is, a
simple package that will let me listen/connect once they fire up the
VNC server on a per-use basis?

-Kai