[X4U] VNC solution from my Home Mac to mum's?

Aron S. Spencer aron at r8ix.com
Fri Aug 24 17:34:44 PDT 2007

You could also install the Dyndns.org daemon on her machine, and then
you could find her by going to something like "momsimac.dyndns.org".
If you have your own domain, you could set up a CNAME record as follows:

moms.mydomain.com CNAME momsimac.dyndns.org

and whenever you put "moms.mydomain.com" in Chicken of the VNC, it
would find your Mom's machine.

You'd still have to open the ports on her modem/router and turn on
Remote Desktop (or another VNC server.  (You are aware that the
Remote Desktop Client built in to OS X contains a VNC server, right?)