[X4U] Leopard Issues

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Mon Dec 3 05:16:59 PST 2007

At 10:26 AM -0500, 12/2/07, Jon Warms wrote:

>The transfer from the USB drive "just worked". Why didn't Apple
>check and fix the instructions?

Because it would not have 'just worked' for many users. Not all
computers will boot from a USB drive. While it worked for you, it
would not have worked for others.

>Old behavior: the browser would automagically add the "www." and the
>".com". This is a major PITA; had I known, it would have been a
>show-stopper.

Wow. You'd have chosen to not upgrade to Leopard because you don't
want to have to type '.com' ? Typing '.com' is a major PITA? You are
either very young or very old.
--

Robert Ameeti

The days of the digital watch are numbered.
            -- Tom Stoppard