[X4U] Leopard Issues

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 3 10:06:12 PST 2007

On 3 Dec 2007, at 13:16, Robert Ameeti wrote:
> At 10:26 AM -0500, 12/2/07, Jon Warms wrote:
>
>> The transfer from the USB drive "just worked". Why didn't Apple
>> check and fix the instructions?
>
> Because it would not have 'just worked' for many users. Not all
> computers will boot from a USB drive. While it worked for you, it
> would not have worked for others.

I was tempted to make a similar reply, but:
- I'm pretty sure the USB / firewire booting issue is related to PPC
versus Intel machines.
- he's not trying to boot with it (I don't think) only transfer files.

So, to be fair, the installer could recognise whether the machine's
capable of transferring via USB and only complain if it's not.

And Mr Warms only listed this as an "annoyance" - as a grumpy old man
myself I believe that he's entitled to do that.  ;)

>> Old behavior: the browser would automagically add the "www." and
>> the ".com". This is a major PITA; had I known, it would have been
>> a show-stopper.
>
> Wow. You'd have chosen to not upgrade to Leopard because you don't
> want to have to type '.com' ? Typing '.com' is a major PITA? You
> are either very young or very old.

+1.

Stroller.