[X4U] Synchronize Question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Wed Dec 5 14:03:37 PST 2007

On 5 Dec 2007, at 15:33, Stan Gould wrote:

> Question: Can the Address Book and Apple Mail in two Macs be
> synchronized without having a .mac account? One is an iMac G-5
> (powerpc) and the other is a Pismo Powerbook; both running 10.4.9.

In Address Book one can back up the addresses to a single file - you
can probably email this to yourself and restore it on the other
machine. I do something similar with iCal - it's not perfect, but I
got tired of paying for .mac's terribly poor service.

I have syncronised email by using an IMAP server for my mail. Mine is
on my own server, but there are probably some free or low-cost
services that provide this for you.

Stroller.