[X4U] Play music through an Airport Extreme (not Express)

James Eddy giametti at mac.com
Sat Dec 8 10:44:28 PST 2007

My wife and I both have MacBooks. We currently have an Airport Express
that we use for wireless printing. I also use it to play music in the
house through AirTunes. I'd like to have wireless access to a backup
drive as you can do with the Extreme base station -- it would make
Time Machine seamless. But the Extreme base station doesn't have
Airtunes. Could I connect something like an iMic or some other USB
device to the USB buss on the Extreme to play music? (This way I could
move the Express station downstairs to my shop to have internet radio
in my shop).

Jim Eddy                                               James Eddy
Woodworks
giametti at mac.com               jim at jameseddywoodworks.com
              Moving May 2007 to Douglas, Massachusetts
                        http://jameseddywoodworks.com