[X4U] Browser Bar

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Dec 9 07:57:41 PST 2007

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 07:53:42AM CST, Howard Morgan <hdmorganjr at att.net> wrote:

> I am using Firefox 2.0..11. I used to be able to type the site name ad
> Firefox would expand it to the full URL. For example, if I typed "Firefox,"
> it would be expanded to "http://www.firefox.com/" and take me there.
>
> Now I'm getting a Google search for all sites which mention "Firefox."
> Usually the correct URL is the first item in the list.
>
> How do I get Firefox to just ex[and the URL and take me there?

What you want is Firefox to continue to do domain guessing, but not
do Internet keyword searching.  Try steps 1, 4, 5, 6 from the following
page:

	<http://www.brainonfire.net/2006/09/01/turn-off-domain-guessing-and-keyword-search-in-firefox/>

For more detailed info on what's going on:

	<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/domain-guessing.html>

	<http://www.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/internet-keywords.html>

--
Eugene