[X4U] Browser Bar

John Douglass douglass at cs.clemson.edu
Mon Dec 10 06:57:53 PST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Neil wrote:

> Have you tried adding the .com at the end?  That should be enough.
>
> On Dec 8, 2007, at 8:53 AM, Howard Morgan wrote:
>
>> I am using Firefox 2.0..11. I used to be able to type the site name
>> ad Firefox would expand it to the full URL. For example, if I typed
>> "Firefox," it would be expanded to "http://www.firefox.com/" and
>> take me there.
>>
>> Now I'm getting a Google search for all sites which mention
>> "Firefox." Usually the correct URL is the first item in the list.
>>
>> How do I get Firefox to just ex[and the URL and take me there?

Please see the very lengthy discussion on "Leopard Issues" regarding
this topic (domain guessing).
Does this behavior also occur in Safari, or another browser.  If yes,
I suggest the problem is likely
caused by the DNS return value from your ISP and you might try using
OpenDNS.  Otherwise
try the suggested solutions at Mozilla.com for enabling domain guessing.

-- John