[X4U] Installing Leopard on an older Mac

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 10:02:10 PST 2007

On 12/14/07 9:06 AM, K. Jerry Smith <explorerguy at mac.com> wrote:

> I have a friend who attempted to install Leopard on an 800 Ghz TiBook.
> Officially, the highest version of the OS that can be installed on
> that model is 10.4.11. He called Apple, and was told Leopard would
> install on it, though, and purchased the new OS.

Leopard's minimum sytem requirements for G4 processors are a speed of 867MHz
http://www.apple.com/macosx/techspecs/

This requirement rules out installation on an 800MHz TiBook (which I think
is what you meant to type instead of 800GHz)

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/09/24/updated_leopard_requirements_t
o_exclude_800mhz_systems.html