[X4U] Cheap Reliable USB Laser Printer

Earle Jones earle.jones at comcast.net
Fri Dec 14 11:09:20 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 2:24 AM, Tim Collier wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2007, at 8:32 PM, David R. Boag, DDS wrote:
>
>> Love to hear recommendations for new low-end laser printers.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> David R. Boag, DDS
> Dear David:
>
> I also wanted a reasonable priced black and white laser printer for =20=

> every day use.  I can highly recommend 2!  First is the Samsung =20
> 2010, it sells for just about $100.00 and is very dependable.  It =20
> connects with a simple USB connection.  Secondly, if you wish to be =20=

> a bit more adventurous, there is the Brother 2070N.  It is a =20
> network printer and can be accessed my any Mac on a local network.  =20=

> I got mine for about $100.00 also.  Output from both is excellent.  =20=

> The Brother is very fast!  The Samsung is fast but not as fast as =20
> the Brother.
>
> Tim

*
I use an HP PhotoSmart 8450 photo printer and an HP LaserJet 1320 =20
laser printer.  I'm very happy with both.
My previous photo printer was an Epson, which made beautiful pictures =20=

when the ink jets were not clogged.  It seemed like, if I went a week =20=

or so without printing, it would take five minutes of "cleaning the =20
heads" before I could get reliable printing.  The HP doesn't have =20
that problem.

Good luck!

earle
*