[X4U] OK, Recommendations for a $250ish Color Laser Printer

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Dec 16 19:26:52 PST 2007

At 8:18 PM -0500 12/16/07, David R. Boag, DDS wrote:
>Never mind, folks. Once we discovered how much the toner cartridges
>were, we knew my Dad would flip out if we got him a color laser
>printer. It's a Brother HL-5250DN.

Toner is only part of the problem, price the HP 2605n, then price the
toner cartridges, AND note that while the Imaging Drum is good for
20,000 copies, if you print in colour, it's only good for 5000.  So
after 2 1/2 sets of colour cartridges, you have to replace the drum.
I'm not sure, but I suspect at that point it might be cheaper to buy
a new printer after you run the 2nd set of cartridges through it.

		Zane