[X4U] OK, Recommendations for a $250ish Color Laser Printer

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Dec 16 20:07:16 PST 2007

At 9:40 PM -0600 12/16/07, Linda wrote:
>That confuses me. One of HP's selling points is that the drums are part of
>the toner carts, so you replace them every time you replace toner. I have a
>both an HP Color LaserJet 2600 and 3600n, and this is true of both of these
>printers.
>
><http://www.hp.com/sbso/expert/competitive-CLJ2605vLexmarkC500n.pdf> claims
>that this is true of the HP Color LaserJet 2605 too -- it's a comparison to
>a Lexmark C500n:

Interesting, it looks like I received bad information from the one
Repair tech that works on the plotters I support, plus I mistakenly
read the "HP Printing and Digital Imaging Products Selection Guide",
which was where I got the yield info from.  I mixed up the 2800
series with the 2600 series (too small of fonts).

It looks like I need to rerun the numbers, and take another look at
the 2605dn.  At home I still use my venerable HP 5mp on an external
JetDirect.  I've had a colour InkJet in the past, but didn't like how
much it cost to use.  I would like to be able to print colour and
have a duplexer.

Zane