[X4U] Who loves ya Digi Camera? [TAN]

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 17 09:02:27 PST 2007

At 5:37 PM +1100 12/17/07, Brett Conlon wrote:
>OK, so the Misses wants a digital camera for Chrissy... something
>kinda compact for the handbag and coz I got me a digital movie
>camera 2 Christmases back I won't be seeing a serious digital camera
>of my own for some time to come.
>
>Therefore I'd like to marry our two worlds together and get
>something that I could happily use when I need to and she'll be
>happy with in her pocket. She wants the camera for quick happy
>family shots and some professional macro close-ups of botanicals.
>
>As a designer I want the flexibility to take shots and blow them up
>or zoom in a few hundred % without it looking too crappy too quickly.

Are you sold on the whole "pocket camera" bit?  Personally it sounds
to me like the two of you need a Digital SLR, either a Nikon or
Cannon.  I believe a couple pocket cameras do offer clip on Macro
lenses, but very few do 10x Optical Zoom.  Only look at the Optical
Zoom when looking at cameras, the digital zoom is nothing more than a
marketing gimic.

Zane