[X4U] Who loves ya Digi Camera? [TAN]

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclifeshow.com
Mon Dec 17 09:52:54 PST 2007

On 12/17/07 12:02 PM, "Zane H. Healy" <healyzh at aracnet.com> wrote:

> At 5:37 PM +1100 12/17/07, Brett Conlon wrote:

>> Therefore I'd like to marry our two worlds together and get
>> something that I could happily use when I need to and she'll be
>> happy with in her pocket. She wants the camera for quick happy
>> family shots and some professional macro close-ups of botanicals.
>>
>> As a designer I want the flexibility to take shots and blow them up
>> or zoom in a few hundred % without it looking too crappy too quickly.
>
> Are you sold on the whole "pocket camera" bit?  Personally it sounds
> to me like the two of you need a Digital SLR,

Agreed. From the specs you posted, a "pocket camera" won't suit all your
needs.

> either a Nikon or Cannon.

I would disagree with that - there are *many* companies that make cameras as
good as the Big 2 on the low range.

Problem is, finding a DSLR in your price range and specs is gonna be
difficult at the very least.

> Only look at the Optical
> Zoom when looking at cameras, the digital zoom is nothing more than a
> marketing gimic.

Agreed.

--
Shawn King