[X4U] Who loves ya Digi Camera? [TAN]

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 18 09:51:29 PST 2007

At 10:42 AM -0600 12/18/07, Linda wrote:
>On 12/18/07 10:33 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  3. How long before you can take another picture.
>
>My Nikon Coolpix (old -- a model 3400) was great wrt this on the original
>(tiny) storage card (8MB, I think). When I bought a larger card to use
>(256MB, I believe), the time spent waiting after taking a picture increased
>greatly. It's still snappy on the smaller card. I don't know if all cameras
>slow down as you increase the size of the storage, but that's what happened
>to me. End of anecdote.

Hey, that's a great question!  I recently purchased a second memory
card for my Nikon D70, the original was a 1Gb card, the new one is
2Gb, and a much faster card, yet it feels slower.  Maybe it isn't
just my imagination...

Does anyone know how memory card size effects write speeds?  Actually
I'll ask in camera mailing list I'm on.

Zane