[X4U] Aperature vs. Lightroom & Photoshop CS

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 20 14:10:39 PST 2007

> > Thanks!  This is just what I was looking for.
>
> I figured. :)
>
> > It looks like the better program for me is Aperture.
>
> You can test drive them both. I personally like Lightroom much better.
>
> --
> Shawn King

I have three areas I'm looking at.
	1. Organization
	2. Performance
	3. Manipulation of images

It sounds like Aperture wins at #1, but Lightroom wins at #2 and #3.  That
makes this a rough choice.  I need to look into freeing up some disk space
and installing the demo's.

I really don't want to move off of iPhoto '08, but I keep running into
problems with it.  It feels like I've reached the point where it is time to
move to something better.  Still who knows, demoing Aperture and Lightroom
might convince me I'm better off staying with iPhoto '08.  One thing I
really do not want to do right now is start looking at a computer upgrade,
as I would much rather upgrade my Camera instead.  Other than iPhoto '08 and
Adobe GoLive CS, I am happy with my current software and hardware.

Zane