[X4U] admin help

Robert rashton at telus.net
Sun Dec 23 20:32:07 PST 2007

I looked in /Users and tried that name. Didn't work. What has happened
is the other day the computer would not boot. I ended up having to
reinstall 10.5. I can't remember if I have installed anything since I
did this. Tonight I did the new security update. When it came to
installing you get a window showing your admin name and asking for the
password.  Tonight the admin name was blank. I tried using the user
name in the home folder and my normal password and if failed. This
password has always worked up till now. I then went to system prefs/
account and tried that name. It failed. I even tried Admin and
Administrator. I booted off of the CD and had reset the password and
that didn't help. If I go to sys prefs/accounts it does show me as a
standard. I then tried to change my account from standard to having
admin status but it then asks me for Admin name and password. Last
case would be to reformat the drive but would like to try other
options first.  Bob