[X4U] Warning received from Network Administrator

Paul Biddlecomb bidlecom at usc.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:17:43 PST 2007

I received the notice from my Network Administrator:

Your host connected to yetzirah.org over 6000 times between 09:03 and
09:13.  Files over 1 megabytes were transferred.  We suspect that
your host may be compromised, or misconfigured.  If so, you may have
to reinstall your system, install updated service packs, and any
relevant security patches, as other backdoors may have been installed
by hackers.  If your host causes network problems, it will be blocked.

How can I verify what may have happened?  What log file might show
files that may have been transferred?  I have the IP of the offending
computer.  My system is as follows:

Dual 1GHz PowerPC G4
Mac OS 10.4.8
Safari 2.0.4