[X4U] Warning received from Network Administrator

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Mon Feb 5 14:29:16 PST 2007

At 2:17 PM -0800, 2/5/07, Paul Biddlecomb wrote:

>I received the notice from my Network Administrator:
>
>Your host connected to yetzirah.org over 6000 times between 09:03
>and 09:13.  Files over 1 megabytes were transferred.  We suspect
>that your host may be compromised, or misconfigured.  If so, you may
>have to reinstall your system, install updated service packs, and
>any relevant security patches, as other backdoors may have been
>installed by hackers.  If your host causes network problems, it will
>be blocked.
>

>How can I verify what may have happened?

I'll be betting that nothing happened. These should typically be
recognized as spam. I'm thinking that there was an attachment along
with this email.

If you are seriously concerned, I'd check with your network
administrator or ISP. They are the ones supposedly sending you this
email message.

>   What log file might show files that may have been transferred?  I
>have the IP of the offending computer.  My system is as follows:
>
>Dual 1GHz PowerPC G4
>Mac OS 10.4.8
>Safari 2.0.4
>
>Anyone heard of this http://yetzirah.org ?

Doesn't seem to be a working domain.
--

Robert Ameeti

Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?