[X4U] iMac

Brett Conlon brett.conlon at sonydadc.com
Wed Feb 7 19:45:28 PST 2007

Just a consideration that you'd have to give them ownership of the OSX
license (and the original discs) so that they would be legal.

I believe the size issue was a limit not a minimum. I think it was 8GB and
the partition couldn't be larger than this.

Actually here are some discussions on this:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-13191.html

Your model may not be an issue.... best to check further by googling
results. I googled "8GB limit OSX G3" and instantly found the above
discussion...

Cheers,

Cojcolds

SE <MacTechLists at cox.net>
Sent by: x4u-bounces at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
08/02/07 11:44 AM
Please respond to
"A place to discuss Mac OS X for the casual user."
<x4u at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

X4U at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
cc

Subject
[X4U] iMac

I have an old 333 MHz tray loading iMac. I want to put OSX on it and
donate it to the Women's shelter so they can use it for music and photos.

I vaguely remember some discussion about having to put OSX on a certain
size partition (maybe 6 GB). Does anyone recall anything about this?

And, yes I know it will be very slow but it will do what the shelter
knows.

SE