[X4U] Accessing Mail Pismo To my G4 lap top

Geoffrey Loefffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Sat Feb 17 18:49:40 PST 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 3:34 PM, Linda wrote:

> See if this helps you -- all you should need to do is change the 25
> to 587
> where it tells you.

Seems to be pretty simple, one problem is the outgoing smtp requires
a the company name Starband and the username and password, is there
something about port 587 that allows it to sail through with out the
wrath of terror befalling me.  I have a lot of irons in the fire and
need this email address to work.    One item the star band is a
satellite internet company they will be the smtp outgoing company. Ya
in San Diego I have to use satellite to get even DSL. The other POP 3
is Alaska.net,  so the magic is in the port ?

Thanks  for  the help from all, I know this is pretty basic but the
sky is falling and I am the target.