[X4U] Accessing Mail Pismo To my G4 lap top

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Feb 17 21:03:36 PST 2007

On 2/17/07 8:49 PM, Geoffrey Loefffler wrote:

> Seems to be pretty simple, one problem is the outgoing smtp requires
> a the company name Starband and the username and password, is there
> something about port 587 that allows it to sail through with out the
> wrath of terror befalling me.  I have a lot of irons in the fire and
> need this email address to work.    One item the star band is a
> satellite internet company they will be the smtp outgoing company. Ya
> in San Diego I have to use satellite to get even DSL. The other POP 3
> is Alaska.net,  so the magic is in the port ?

Best way to tell is to try it. Send yourself an email. If it goes out, and
you receive it, it works; if you get an error message that it can't be sent,
that there's a timeout, etc., then you know it doesn't work, you can change
it back to Port 25, and we can try to answer your *original* question about
syncing mail between two computers.