[X4U] Accessing Mail Pismo To my G4 lap top

Geoffrey Loefffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Sat Feb 17 21:52:37 PST 2007

On Feb 17, 2007, at 9:03 PM, Linda wrote:

> Best way to tell is to try it. Send yourself an email. If it goes
> out, and
> you receive it, it works; if you get an error message that it can't
> be sent,
> that there's a timeout, etc., then you know it doesn't work, you
> can change
> it back to Port 25, and we can try to answer your *original*
> question about
> syncing mail between two computers.

The big hammer does not come down till Monday the 19th, but I am
trying to be prepared,
I guess I could run a test but don't want to give a good thing away,
although it seems that  in my reading sometimes it works and
sometimes it does not.
It just seems so ludicrous, why would the ISP care what I do with my
account as long as I was not doing anything wrong or . I wondered if
I called them if they would just
go along with it. After all it is Alaska, however they sold out to a
big telco who does not give probably even care.

There is a shareware called Postfix Enabler, that my  weary brain is
trying to wrap around. I generally like to stay pretty mainstream.
What a bunch of bunk, this must
be to help push the WiFi services available in most cities now of
course with another 59.00 ISP.

I will give it a push but the company is probbly wise to this, Alaska
being the last frontier and everything.
Appreciate the help and ideas.