[X4U] Mac Mini HD

T.L. Miller tlmiller at mac.com
Sun Feb 18 20:07:56 PST 2007

On 2/18/07, at 8:05 PM, Linda xpressobean at mac.com said:

>Because RAM can have a direct bearing on how your computer performs, they
>are justified in balking. To satisfy them, you take the 3rd party RAM out
>and you reinstall the original RAM. They'll be happy to write off the 3rd
>party RAM as the cause, if the machine is still malfunctioning with only the
>original RAM in it, and you can reinstall the 3rd party RAM without further
>incident.

Didn't seem to cause me a problem. I immediately installed 3rd party RAM
when I got my MacBook in June. It had occasional startup and kernal
panic problems so I replaced with different RAM, but the occasional
problems persisted so I took it to an Apple store. Initially, they found
no problem, but after looping their test for a day or two, they said it
was bad RAM. I put the 3rd set of RAM in and still had the problem. I
took it to an Apple authorized shop and it's been waiting a couple of
weeks for a motherboard -- under warranty.

Tom Miller
"The only time we see the middle of the road is as
we run from side to side." R.O.Clark