[X4U] Firewire

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 2 09:05:11 PST 2007

On 1/1/07 7:13 PM, Linda <XPressoBean at mac.com> wrote:

> So forgive me for not knowing exactly what computer the OP was going to be
> buying in the future, or for thinking that possibly he might not have FW800
> on it, since not everyone buys brand spanking new computers!

In the original post, he wrote "When I buy a new computer which has Firewire
800 speed," so that pretty much covers any confusion over whether the
computer he was going to buy was new or have FireWire 800.

> And forgive me for remembering the outrage when FW800 was NOT part of the
> MacBook Pro.

I remember the outrage. I was at the launch of the MacBook Pro and remember
all of the discussion over whether it foretold the end of FW800 on Macs. But
it didn't and that discussion is over for now.

> Now that you've set me straight, what's *your* answer for the original
> poster's question?

His FireWire 400 drive will work fine on any new Mac he buys, because every
current model includes a FireWire 400 port.

--
Eddie Hargreaves