[X4U] application switching hangs often

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Tue Jan 2 11:35:44 PST 2007

I have a MacBook with an up-to-date system, and application switching
(what Command-Tab triggers) hangs often. Say once every fortnight. I
have run repair permissions several times, and even rebuilt
everything with the recently released DiskWarrior 4, just in case. No
luck, it just happened today again.

Is this a known issue? Sometimes I have ssh access to the laptop from
another machine, I tried to kill the Finder and the Dock to no avail,
do you know a way to resurrect the machine from a shell without
rebooting?

-- fxn